This 66+- acre parcel is on the Northside of Contraband Parkway near L'Auberge Avenue leading to the Lake Area's two casino and golf resorts. With over 4,000' along Contraband Bayou and over 1,000' along Contraband Parkway, this first-time listing offers endless potential.
As shown in the image to the right, this property offers an extremely close proximity to the casinos and golf resorts, major retail such as Walmart, Sam's, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond and many others.
This enviable location offers a tremendous opportunity for a lifestyle center or major hospitality and entertainment hub that embrace the navigable water frontage.
Besides the driver-friendly access from the internal traffic circle on Contraband Pointe, visitors can easily access the property from the traffic circle at W. Prien Lake Road and Contraband Parkway from the South, or Nelson Road from the West. Plus, any project will benefit from being so close to I-210, not to mention the 3200+ hotel rooms within 1.5 miles, including L'Auberge and Golden Nugget.
The drone photo to the right shows the Western portion of the 66 acres along Contraband Parkway and the Bayou, including the apron off of the internal traffic circle.
With construction on the Nelson Road extension bridge expected soon, this location becomes even more enviable by offering easy access from Downtown Lake Charles via W Sallier which is just beyond the residential areas in the background.
Click on the image to the left or this link to open a custom brochure detailing this property.
A message to developers:
Contraband Pointe is an ideal location for a major hospitality development or Lifestyle Center that focuses on the waterways, recreation, entertainment, and culinary aspects of Southwest Louisiana.
|This stock photo illustrates the potential of a boardwalk along the Bayou.|
- first-class vacation rental cottages and condos with easy boat access to enjoy boat riding and fishing along the bayou, Prien Lake, Lake Charles, the East and West fork of the Calcasieu River or the Gulf of Mexico!
- boating, wharf, and/or marina facilities that offer guests the ability to utilize their own boat or rent one, then return home from a day of fishing in the Sportsman's Paradise and preparing their catch for their family and guests.
- waterfront food and beverage establishments with connecting boardwalks that lead to a theater featuring live entertainment, even theatrical productions.
- famlly activites such as fishing camps, wetlands habitat, culinary lessons, sporting complexes, and more.
- up-scale professional and retail offerings along the 1,000+ feet along Contraband Parkway. Contraband Pointe's central location also makes it a strategic location for medical offices or others seeking easy access to all points in Lake Charles as well as Sulphur.
- conference and banquet facilities
The price per square foot below is based on days to close from the date of the Purchase Agreement:
- $6.75/SqFt for a 120-day closing $18,670,905
- $7.25/SqFt if closed after120 days, but before 180 days $20,053,935
Underground power lines along Contraband Parkway are in progress.
Public sewer and water are in place along Contraband Parkway.
Buyers are responsible for all other infrastructure.
A wetland's juristictional determination has been obtained from the US Corp of Engineers. There are minimal wetlands within the center of the property.
To further reduce due diligence delays, a Traffic Impact Analysis approved by DOTD has been completed.
This drone photo is of the central and eastern portion of the property.
The bayou is along the North and East side of the property with Lake Charles and I-10 in the background.
The civic center, downtown Lake Charles, the Casinos, and the future Port Wonder complex along the Lake are a short boat ride from Contraband Pointe.
Below, the East portion of the Bayou taken from Area 4 within the 66 acres.